Calling all foodies! Join the Philadelphia alumni chapter for a 3-hour
walking food tour adventure through the ethnic culinary treasure trove
of South Philly. In lieu of the traditional Italian Market, guests will
taste and learn about Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, and Mexican food
traditions. A tour highlight will include a visit inside the Buddhist
During your enlightening and delicious adventure, you'll visit:
- A Vietnamese specialty shop and restaurant to peruse Vietnamese favorites and enjoy roasted pork BanhMi and a crispy spring roll.
- A Buddhist Temple to see its ornate interior, where you'll learn about the symbolism and meaning of ceremonial items.
- A Thai restaurant to enjoy a hearty sampling of three delicious Thai appetizers - and a glass of wine as well!
- An Asian supermarket to discover key cooking ingredients that create the signature flavors of many Asian cuisines.
- One of the area's best taquerias for an authentic Mexican taco, homemade chips, two tasty salsas, and a traditional Mexican dessert.
You definitely won't leave hungry!
Space is limited, so reserve your spot today. Please note that registrants will be limited to three additional guests, to allow as many registrants as possible on the tour. Also note that this tour is not designed for children under the age of 14.
Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before the tour begins. The tour
will depart from the Viet Huong Restaurant (just INSIDE the restaurant -
Green Awning), in the Wing Phat Plaza, located at 1122 Washington
Although it can be difficult to find a spot, guests are welcome to park for free in the Wing Phat Plaza parking lot. Alternately, a convenient parking lot ($8-$10 per car) is located on Washington Avenue, between 9th and 10th Streets. The lot is adjacent to Taqueria La Veracruzana (908 Washington Avenue). Street parking is not advised because it does not allow for the amount of time required for the tour.
The cost to attend is $25 per person. Online registration is now closed. To inquire about available spaces, contact Melissa Bevins at email@example.com.